Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad-blocker.
They use only 5 ingredients to inject an unusually beautiful scent into your bathroom………
These Homemade toilet bombs are an integral part of my toilet and bathroom decor – don’t they just look beautiful?;-) I actually keep a few outside the container also, because they’re great at deodorizing the air.
WHAT I USE: (for approx. 24 bombs)
- –1 1/3 cup Baking Soda – amazing for all-natural cleaning AND deodorizing!
- –1/2 cup Citric Acid – (low-strength acid that exists naturally in fruits like lemons & oranges) – used in many kitchen & bathroom cleaners for its cleaning, whitening & deodorizing properties..
- –30 drops Lavender Essential Oil**
- –30 drops Peppermint Essential Oil**
- -30 drops Lemon Essential Oil***
- I always put medical mask first and then mix together soda and acid…..
- I put oils in a spray bottle and spray little by little stirring the mixture at the same time in order to not let it fizz away…
- If the mixture isn’t damp enough I add just A TINY BIT of water in my spray bottle and spray the mixture – but again, I try to prevent the acid from fizzing away, because bombs won’t explode and will just sink without fizzing if they’re too moist….
- After that I put the mixture in silicone molds and let them dry for about 6 hours….
- Then Finally I store the bombs in a container with a lid..
- 1 cup baking soda —>> get it from the link in the first recipe above
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide
- 15 to 20 drops essential oil —>> get it from the link in the first recipe above
- Measuring spoons
- Spray bottle (optional)
- Add the baking soda to a mixing bowl. Baking soda naturally cleans and eliminates icky odors, making it the perfect base for the toilet bomb.
- Add the citric acid, and give things a stir. The citric acid adds the fizzy effect to these cleaners.
NOTEIf you’re finding the toilet bomb aren’t super fizzy, try adding an extra tablespoon of citric acid, which might also help if the mixture is sticky or too wet
- In a small glass, mix together the vinegar and hydrogen peroxide, which work together to help clean your commode.
- Now drop by drop, add the vinegar and hydrogen peroxide to the baking soda. If you add the liquid all at once, you’ll have a huge mess due to the reaction between the baking soda and citric acid!
- Now add the essential oil and gently mix. Use a one-half teaspoon to scoop and mold the mixture into small half rounds and then tap onto a parchment-covered sheet pan.
- You can spritz the rounds with equal parts vinegar and water to create a crust, which helps hold them together. Let dry for at least six hours or overnight.
- The next time things get smelly, after flushing, I usually drop one in the toilet bowl whenever I feel like it;-) You’ll love how things freshen up in no time.
Need To Stock Up On Essential Oils?
The best place to buy them is from doTERRA Family Physician Kit, doTERRA offers an extensive collection of quality essential oils at very reasonable prices with consistently fast shipping. You can find them here Or if you’d like to try the “Home Essentials Kit Package by doTERRA” . That will provide you with more than enough to get started.